Saturday, July 14, 2012
I'm still alive... And the pictures ARE coming, Promise!
Blog..
So I am still alive, I've trying to figure out how to get the pictures I've been taking onto the blog, but this Site won't let me upload them from the IPad, so I'm just going to have to find some alternative, but I want this blog to more interesting than just words because that can get pretty boring.
So, life in Buenos Aires has been going well. The first day I struggled a lot to gain the courage to ask questions to people because I was afraid of not understanding what they were telling me, but obviously I needed to do things like get from the airport to the city and I needed to just go for it.
The first day, when I eventually got to the hostel, I walked around the area where my hostel is. This city is so amazingly beautiful and the buildings and plazas and monuments make me feel as if I'm in Paris or Florence, Italy in the 1700s just off of how the architecture is. It is absolutely amazing. (Yes pictures would DEFINATELY come in handy about now, but my next blog, they will be here).
After spending the first day essentially by myself, I started making friends in the Hostel. I met 2 people from different parts of Canada, 2 people from Brazil, one from Sao Paulo and the other from Curitiba, and also this girl from Poland. It is interesting and exciting because for all of us too communicate together and when we go out, our common language is Spanish. And so I have no choice but to do it.
Doing everyday things like going to the market to buy things I need or ordering food is getting WAY easier! Day 1, when I tried to order a pizza, empanada and coke at this pizzería neear the hostel, I stood there for about twenty minutes, just trying to get the nerve up to ask for what I want! Now I just do it.
I've learned that the people are more than willing to help you when you are trying, and clearly nothing is going to come out of me not trying except for frustration and starvation!
We have been walking so much literally for hours a day, just because there are so many places to go and see! But I enjoy the lifestyle here so much because there is so much going on on the streets with people just conversing and going from place to place and with all of the stores and shops that have anything from food, clothing, shoes and the cafes, there is a lot of of social interaction here and it is so refreshing.
In short, the first three days in Buenos Aires have been a little challenging, but through all the people who I have met and me pushing myself, things are getting easier. I also found the room I am going to rent and I'll be moving there on Monday, so I am making progress! I can't wait to get the pictures up, because the neighborhood is unlike anything I have ever seen!
Next time, there WILL be pictures!
Chao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That sounds amazing! I'm so proud of you. I actually teared up reading this. Love you bunches!
ReplyDelete