Wednesday, July 11, 2012
1st Stop - Miami, Florida
Day 1 of my trip
Alright, so I've never done a blog before, at least using this site, so here goes! I'm on my way to Buenos Aires, Argentina to study for the Fall semester at CSULB. Technically it's their Spring semester though, so that will be interesting when I get there! But I can't believe it! I've worked so hard, and don so much planning to make this a reality and here I am on my way! Didn't hit me that I was actually going until the plane was lifting off from LAX last night. So that's n it hit me Daisy!
I'm currently on a 14 hour layover in Miami, Florida and have been here for almost 6 hours now and boy has it already been crazy ridiculous. That's all I can say about it! I was hoping this was going to be a nice and relaxing day in Miami, but it hasn't been the smoothest of mornings. When landed it was 5am, I expected that, and with my departing flight not until 830pm, I wanted to see the city. Not go too far from the airport, but just check it out. Some of the antics at have happened in six hours: I've had a self-guided, unplanned, grand tour of Miami International Airport and know that airport like the back of my hand; I've been yelled at by a cab driver who was pissed that Where I needed to go was not far enough away from the airport that it wasn't worth his while to drive me there (and NO I did not sit there and take it) so we were yelling at each other, I ended up telling HIM where to turn and go because he was driving around in so many circles, that I had already figured out the streets around the airport; and have fallen asleep on a city bus (dropping my head several times).
Oh and when I landed, it was thunder/lightning, poring rain outside. It's still raining right now, but the humidity is a little out of control, but actually makes it bearable since I'm in shorts and a jacket. But my plans to go to the beach are out. Oh well, I'm doing the next best ing tough: playing it by ear and figuring it out. It hasn't been so bad though!
So I eventually found myself in South and jumped off a bus when I saw a Radio Shack since I needed to get a converter. So that was the first thing that happened that was good! Since then, I've found this coffee shop/bookstore on a corner that has WiFi. The lady working is really nice, and it's also pretty nice to not be in a Starbucks, but just a random shop.
Just in case anyone is wondering, I AM an avid bus rider back in Orange County, so getting back to the airport with plenty of time to spare won't be problem. I still have 9 hours until my flight leaves here at 845 and I'll be back at the airport by about 6.
Where I am looks a lot like downtown Long Beach, but with a lot more palm trees, but they're different though. I think they might have coconuts on them... I'm looking closely at a few from my seat and they have green things close to the root of the palm frawns. Who knows, but it's actually a lot of fun to make observations about things you see in places you've never been. There'll be a lot of that coming in the next few months! I know that!
I'm going to go walk around now and. Check this place out and get see what's here.
This is crazy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That sounds like a mini adventure already! :) how fun! Love you! Stay safe!
ReplyDelete