| Can you find me? Hint: I held a cup up so I could find myself, but it's not as apparent as I thought it would be, |
So these are all the international students! There's quite a few of us going off this picture, and the school I the school confined us all to the 9th and 10th floors of the university. Which I think is both good and bad, because we're all together so there's some comfort, but bad BECAUSE we're all together, how are we supposed to meet Argentine students? Maybe they don't want us to meet them, who knows?
Well school has been going pretty good. My schedule got changed around a few times, and after I wanted to be in that class thats in English, I actually crashed it and got into it, then switched out of it into a different class for various reasons. At the end of all the shifting, that class got replaced with a cinema class, so all four are in Spanish. The cinema class is interesting, but the films are a little hard to follow because a lot of times they aren't speaking very loud and I won't catch it. I'm having a grand time trying to find them outside of class to watch them so I can take my time watching them to try and get everything. It turns out I have to give a speech on one of them next week so I better get on it! The Latin American cultural class i like a lot. It's interesting to hear things from a different point of view such as the "Discovery" of America being more of an Invasion of America. We had to write a paper in that class that was due yesterday. It went pretty well. My other two Spanish classes are going good, Im doing a lot of writing and short compositions in that class, but I really do like it.
All in all, things are going well down here. It's been raining A LOT, I think today is the first day I've ever experienced rain for 12 hours straight. I'm used to it raining for twenty minutes then stopping for a while. The lightning storms are intense here also! About the Spanish, I tank I have good days and then frustrating days. Some of the differences in argentine Spanish are easy, such as using the Vos instead of tú, and podés instead of puedes, but the ones that frustrate me are when some words they use here I can't fend the translation for anywhere, no dictionary, nor online or anywhere. And I'll get stuck on the one word and it turns out to be like "wall" or something. By I feel like I'm making progressin the three weeks since school has started. I still want Mexican food. Haha
Hola mi hijo, me tomó unos minutos para encontrarle, pero después de ampliado las fotos, ahí estabas frente y centro. Estoy muy orgulloso de ti. las cosas están fluyendo hacia ti como un imán. Pero no deje que el imán que MANTENER. Ti amo, mi hijo I miss you, Mama!
ReplyDelete