Thursday, August 30, 2012

Quién necesita.... fotos

All of the captions are at the bottom cuz once again, the sites's being difficult. I hope it's not a bore! =/

       
I finally bought my Mate cup! You can literally see dozens and all look the same. Of course the blue one called my name!


This is the cemetery where Eva Perón is buried and a lot of other famous Argentine people.









I'm going to try and say all this in the order of the pictures: Here is me in front of her.... Grave, casket, ....apartment...place of rest???? I don't know what to call it. Nor do I necessarily know yet whether I like her or not. In Argentina, it's a toss up of who likes her and who doesn't. I think I need to do more research on my part to make my decision. But it is pretty cool to have seen this? After the cemetery, Alex and I went to the Tango festival which was across the street. I was really bummed (and still am) that I'm not taking e tango class that is offered at school. Tango is so much more than what we think of it as being in the United States. Honestly, it is so much more sensual, romantic, involved and complex than just dancing in a straight line back and forth. There was live music performances, different each day during the 2-week long event, and a huge dane floor in which people were showing off what they got. I wish that her and I could have gone out there! She is in the class and will be performing at the international night on Friday put on by our school with her class. There was also a feria in front of the cemetery , similar to the one outside my apartment in San Telmo but it's always fun to walk around and look at what they have. And I'm glad I did of course, because this is where I found my Mate cup! There was a park nearby, and for some reason, I love watching people enjoying each others company in the parks of the city, so I took a picture. There were a bunch of trees with huge roots, so yes, I took some pictures. The feria also had an abundance of food, kwhich they all do. Alex got me to try the Choripan (Chorizo + Pan = Choripan). I thought it was awesome. I niño though that I might be partial to mexican chorizo, but this one is different unto itself, and delicious. So as you can tell, I enjoyed it. They also had Dulce de Leche filled, chocolate covered churros that were indescribable, that I ink Alex might have put a picture of me on Facebook eating. I think it actually looks more like I'm smoking the churro, but I promise, that wasnt the intent when the picture was taken! :) Next is a vessel I guess you would call it, the has been to San Diego according to it the map, so I got a kick out of it, along with some birds chillin' on the rope holding it from floating away. And then me in front of Plaza San Martin with the English clock in the backround, an Argentine flag and the train station at Retiro that only I can make out in the picture or anyone who has been there because it's covered by the trees. And of course, me and cats! There's a lot of cats wandering through the cemetery here in Recoleta. Thone was just chillin' and was down to have Her picture taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment